This award is offered to student chapter faculty advisors in recognition of their service to SME and their student chapter(s) in advancing manufacturing knowledge, education and SME's vision/mission/purpose.
- Provide professional development support in the form of a monetary award for current student chapter faculty advisors. Award to be used for professional development or to support the student chapter activities.
- Acknowledge and reward those who demonstrate commitment to advancing SME's vision/mission/purpose.
- Highlight services and activities performed on behalf of SME.
- Recognize advancing professional growth of student chapter members.
Monetary award valued up to $2,000 and a recognition certificate.
- Applicant must be an SME member.
- Applicant must be a current SME student chapter faculty advisor.
- Applicant must be an employee of the educational institution sponsoring the SME student chapter.
- Applicant's student chapter must be compliant with SME chapter requirements, i.e., submitted all the required forms and have a minimum of 10 active student members.
- Eligible for one award per calendar year.
- Complete the application form (MS WORD).
- Include a personal statement outlining your professional goals, contribution to the profession and SME student chapter.
- Include curriculum vitae. Use only the last three years (not to exceed three 8.5 x 11 in. pages — include all items relevant to SME activities.
- Applicant agrees to submit a final report within the next academic year explaining how the award helped his/her professional development and/or the growth of the student chapter.
- Describe your activities and contributions toward advancing SME's vision/mission/purpose.
- Describe your service and support to your student chapter.
- How will this award benefit the growth and development of the SME student chapter?
- How will this award benefit your professional development?
- Personal Statement/Testimonial: How has your service to SME and the SME student chapter impacted your professional growth and/or your career?
All application materials must be received by SME NO LATER THAN THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON MAY 15. INCOMPLETE APPLICATION MATERIALS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
An acknowledgement email will be sent upon receipt of the application by SME.
Recipients will be notified of acceptance within 45 days after application deadline. Presentation of the award can be arranged by the local chapter, SME membership consultant (MCon) or SME staff at a designated SME event.
Note: Applications not selected can be resubmitted for the next deadline of awards program.
Please direct applications and any questions to:Chapter Relations
1000 Town Center, Suite 1910
Southfield, MI 48075
Membership: 800.733.4763 | 313.425.3000 | email@example.com